Sunday, June 05, 2005

The promised pictures


My baby alpaca feather and fan shawl, view 1 Posted by Hello

The promised pictures of the Buegler design from "A Gathering of Lace". I took it off the blocking wires just a few minutes ago.

Those of you who look closely may notice that I skipped a repeat or two in a couple of spots - I'm so short that the pattern as written would drag the ground in any reasonable wearing position! The color is actually a black with iridescent threads of green and blue. KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud yarn in the midnight colorway is wonderfully soft and dramatic. Even my teenage sons think this one is remark-worthy!

2 comments:

Amie said...

I actually stayed awake last night thinking of some silk I have that I think will be spun into yarn for that very shawl... it catches my breath everytime I flip past... yours looks great!!!

Pugknits said...

I can't believe what i just saw. This is magnificent work! Trying to catch my breath here...