Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Waiting Is So Hard!

It really is! I've placed several orders lately, and now have to work on other stuff while I wait for them to arrive!

Exciting stuff is on the way, though. I ordered Sweater Wizard after having a terrible time designing sweaters for myself on the needles. I look best in fitted styles, as I have an hourglass figure - the hourglass is just rather generously endowed! Trying to make all the necessary adjustments to a fitted pattern was proving difficult, to say the least. I understand that SW should help.

I'm also still awaiting the Philosopher's Wool http://www.philosopherswool.com/ sweater I ordered 16 days ago - 9/11 has made getting even simple things like wool into the country a little more time-consuming. And I ordered some of the Alpaca Cloud lace-weight in the midnight color from Knit Picks for the Meg Swanson feather and fan shawl in "A Gathering of Lace".

While I await all this bounty, I'm trying to finish up the socks for the grandchildren. Then I can knit for myself with no guilt feelings!

No comments: