Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Progress!

It's actually looking like a sweater - albeit in pieces! I bound off the underarm stitches yesterday, and started the first sleeve on double-points. Now I need to get that sleeve onto a circular needle and finished up. Then it's on to the second sleeve and the upper part of the body.

This has been such entertaining knitting! The continual color changes keep me knitting along just to see what comes up next and how it will look with the row or rows before. I was afraid the straight stockinette fabric would get quite boring, and that this would languish in my UnFinished Object bin forever. But I can see that I might actually be wearing this before too long - another month, tops!

So I might actually get to that square or circular shawl I want to do for myself this year, after all!

No comments: